Tuesday, March 11, 2008

40 Days

No, that's not how long it's been since my last post. That's how long until the first race of the season, Yankee Springs. It's been a rough couple weeks. Not enough snow for skiing but too much snow and ice for riding. I've been completely uninspired for the past few weeks, I haven't done squat but 12 and 22 ounce curls. I guess I've been being generous, just giving my competition a chance to catch-up. I've done Yankee Springs once, it's the only time trial I've ever done. I hadn't trained or even been on the bike all year. I was in a haze, slightly hungover and decided I should upgrade since I hadn't raced, you know, in a few years.



It was a miserable 1:10 or 1:14 or whatever amount of time it took me to finish. Anyway, I don't expect that too happen again. I had some pretty decent training up until a few weeks ago and I'm back at it again. I was able to get some weight training in tonight and with highs above 40 for the next few days, I should get some outside hours on the bike (thank you DST).

0 comments: